Open Innovation Manager
An excellent and challenging opportunity at the R&D centre of one of the world’s biggest and largest dairy producers. Ideal for the second or third step of your career in an international business and research environment.
Location: Wageningen University Campus (The Netherlands), travelling around 15%.
As the largest dairy producer and the dairy producer with the fullest product lines in China, Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co.,Ltd has been providing healthy and nutritional dairy products for years. And Yili is the only dairy producer that has served both the Olympic Games and the World Expo in China.
In 2014, the total revenue of Yili was 54.436 billion Yuan, and the net profit was 4.167 billion Yuan, with a 71.19% increase compared to 2013. Both the total revenue and the net profit ranked number one in dairy industry. So far, Yili has invested in New Zealand, corparated with Italian dairy giant Sterilgarda Alimenti S.p.A., launched the highest standard overseas R&D Center in Netherlands and developed a broad cooperation with companies and research institutes in the USA.
Yili is dedicated to producing 100% safe and healthy dairy products. It’s the only dairy enterprise that controls the three golden milk-resource bases which is the Tian Shan of Xinjiang, Xilin Gol, and Hulun Buir grass lands. Thus Yili obtain the most qualified milk-resources bases, and numerous high-quality ranches across the country, and that guarantees the quality and quantity of steady raw-milk supply. With world-class QC standard and management, Yili keeps improving its products quality and standards. Yili’s tests items have become the role model of the industry.
Yili launched its European R&D Centre at Wageningen Campus on 25 February 2015. Tens of employees from China will be working at the Yili R&D Centre. Yili and Wageningen UR will work together on dairy farm management, processing of dairy products and food safety. The strong position of the Netherlands in the food and agriculture sectors and the involvement of Food Valley and Wageningen UR in those sectors played an important role in Yili’s choice to open this centre in Wageningen.
The main challenges for the Open Innovation Manager:
As the Open Innovation Manager, you will work closely with three Open Innovation Leaders on the transfer of innovation projects within dairy and sustainable technologies at Yili’s R&D Centre in Wagningen.
- Collect information about new research and technique development, including new products, new processing and new equipment, etc. Search for opportunities to import patents, techniques and research considering demands and requirements from China;
- Investigate new and coming trends within dairy industry and sustainable technologies and provide reliable analyses. Based on company needs, leading the transfer of innovation projects within dairy and sustainable technologies into the company;
- Develop and reinforce the cooperation and interaction in technology innovation with research institutes, food related companies and associations in Europe and participate in to relevant applications of innovative technology development.*
The key qualifications required for this job:
- Academic working level and master degree focusing on
– processing technology
– food matrix
– product structures
– material science
- More than 5 years’ experience in a similar function within dairy, food or other food related areas, at least 2 years’ experience in a managerial function;
- Project management skills and team management capabilities, innovative and creative, excellent execution skills;
- Culture Savvy: being able to work and collaborate between western and eastern cultures;
- Willing to advance and contribute to Chinese dairy development;
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
For more information please contact Yifu Pei, recruitment consultant, +31(0)655772618, firstname.lastname@example.org and apply for the position with the* ‘Apply’* button below.
Agency calls not appreciated
Keywords: Job vacancy, Full-time, Wageningen, Research and development.…
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs