The Georg-Speyer-Haus – Institute for Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapy in Frankfurt am Main (www.georg-speyer-haus.de; Director: Prof. Dr. Florian Greten) is an academic non-profit research institute supported by the Federal Ministry of Health and the Ministry for Sciences and
Arts of the State of Hessen. The institute is dedicated to basic and translational cancer research
and closely cooperates with the Goethe University Frankfurt and the Frankfurt University Hospital.
The institute currently establishes a new Transgenic Core Facility. For this purpose we are looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual to act as Head of the Core Facility and ensure the core exploits all new technical developments in genome engineering.
Responsibilities will include:
- consultation with users on gene editing including design/construction of reagents and
- genotyping assays
- managing work done by core technicians and maintaining equipment
- administering the core
- compliance with and writing animal protocols, record keeping
- communicating with Institute Director and Advisory committee, writing progress reports and grant applications
Prerequisites are extensive experience in following skills:
- molecular biology techniques applied to gene editing (PCR, plasmid construction and preps,
- genomic DNA preps, Southern blots, CRISPR/Cas technology)
- embryonic stem cell culture for generation of gene targeted clones
- mouse embryo microinjection and implantation surgery
- in vitro fertilization, cryopreservation of sperm and embryos, mouse animal husbandry
- necessary computer skills
- ability to communicate well and troubleshoot
Interested applicants should send their CV, research profile and three letters or recommendation to: email@example.com
We are committed to increasing the proportion of female scientific staff at the Georg-Speyer-Haus and therefore applications from women are especially welcome. Employees will be supported in their efforts to combine their professional life with family duties, re-entry after parental leave will be facilitated. Where qualifications are equal, preference will be given to people with disabilities.
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Apply for ‘Head of Transgenic Core Facility (m/f)’
Source: Nature Jobs