Palgrave Macmillan is a global cross-market publisher specializing in cutting-edge academic books. We publish, monographs, handbooks, professional and reference works, and journals, both in print and online. We presently have over 6,000 active titles. In subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business, the list contains original works by many of the foremost writers and editors in the world, including Nobel laureates and internationally recognized experts. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palgrave Macmillan is looking for a motivated Editorial Assistant to join its well-regarded academic editorial team. The editorial assistant will support both the Global Head of Sociology/Publisher of the Sociology & Anthropology program and an acquisition editor in the Education program with the duties in publishing a mix of research monographs and handbooks. It is a fast-paced position that requires juggling multiple tasks and priorities on a daily basis.
- Soliciting, monitoring, and processing peer reviews of manuscripts and proposals
- Processing contracts and maintaining book tracking databases*
- Managing the authors through the process and securing the final manuscript delivery
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to book production
- Liaising with authors, editors, and internal departments
- Arranging meetings and preparing paperwork for Editorial and Author Services
- Aiding in evaluation of potential publishing projects
- Experience at multitasking while working in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Keen proofreading skills
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree
This is an ideal first role for someone wanting to establish a career in scholarly publishing.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the United States.
This role is based in our New York office.
Please apply via link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/ id=14793571
Please note that our system only allows a single file upload.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Palgrave Macmillan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Palgrave Macmillan, please visit our web site at http://www.palgrave.com/
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs