The International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) is part of the gender equality strategy of the Technische Universität Berlin and aims at increasing the number of female researchers in leadership positions. The IPODI Fellowship Programme is open to outstanding female researchers of all nationalities and from all fields of research represented at the TU Berlin. IPODI Fellows will find excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties of the TU Berlin. IPODI awards
Seven Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships
(salary in the range of E 13/14 TV-L).
IPODI Fellows will receive:
- A two-year employment contract with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage (salary in the range of E 13/14 TV-L),
- A yearly travel allowance,
- A monthly contribution to research costs,
- The opportunity for professional training in career development and research management.
Conditions for application:
- Applicants must have at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree, in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible,
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the application deadline,
- The research proposal has to be supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
Required documents include:
- An innovative and independent research proposal and a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved,
- A letter of motivation detailing career perspectives and motivation to apply for IPODI,
- A filled-in ethical issues table,
- A letter of support of a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin,
- Two external letters of reference.
Application deadline: 15 October 2015
Researchers returning from periods of international mobility (researching outside Germany), intersectoral mobility (working in the private sector) or non-academic mobility (e.g. after parental leave) are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications have to be submitted in English through the IPODI Application Portal. For further information see www.ipodi.tu-berlin.de or contact the IPODI Office email@example.com.
IPODI is co-funded by the European Union (Marie Curie Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes) and awards a total of 21+2 fellowships in three internationally open selection rounds.