We seek a motivated, dynamic and collaborative individual to join the Glycation and Ageing team of Lille Inflammation International Center LIRIC, INSERM UMR995 and ULille 2 Medical School for a permanent position as Biologist.
The candidate is expected to have a PhD and show a strong background in Ageing Biology and Molecular Biology (construction of vectors, transfection, quantitative RT-PCR in particular in connection with the model C.elegans model). Good knowledge of epigenetics is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will make a leading contribution to the project focusing on the role of Glycation and RAGE on aging.
The candidate duties:
- Design and develop scientific projects and innovative methodologies in the field of Ageing Biology.
- Develop the Caenorhabditis elegans (elegans) experimental model of ageing.
- Coordinate the technical and financial means assigned to the activities of experiment. elegans.
- Generate, validate and interpret experimental results.
- Participate in international scientific meetings.
To train Master and PhD students.
Salary: 25,800 – 39,600 €/year (commensurate with experience) Medical and social benefits included.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to Pr. Eric BOULANGER (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates are expected to start at the laboratory in November 2016.