The Agriculture and Food Development Authority – Teagasc
|Salary:||€31,729 to €62,700
£23,273.22 to £45,990.45 converted salary*
|Placed on:||15th September 2015|
|Closes:||28th September 2015|
This research officer will be involved in supporting the funded investigators within the APC programme at the Teagasc Food Research Centre at Moorepark. The successful candidate will assist in the coordination, writing and submission of Horizon 2020 and national funding agency proposals, preparation of projects budgets, and general project management. The person recruited would need to have exceptional writing skills and be a good communicator with a capacity to organise, manage and prioritise a large workload, often working to tight deadlines. This individual would also be responsible for assistance with report writing the recording and invoicing of client activity on the APC Platforms based in Teagasc.
Note: The ‘Essential’ qualifications, skills and knowledge outlined below are ‘must-have’ which will be used in the shortlisting process.
- Candidates must have an honours Level 8 degree in a science discipline.
Excellent writing and organisational skills
- Accurate, with attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff and management
- A postgraduate degree in biological sciences
- Experience in grant proposal coordination and management
How to Apply
How to Apply A detailed job description and application form for this position can be accessed on the Teagasc Website at www.teagasc.ie/careers Completed application forms should be TYPED and saved in MS WORD format and submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 12 midnight on Monday 28th September 2015. Please state relevant reference code in all correspondence. Teagasc is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed