Science Portfolio Adviser/Developer – Infection and Immuno-biology
1x permanent post, 1x 12 month fixed-term post
The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health. We support bright minds in science, the humanities and the social sciences, as well as education, public engagement and the application of research to medicine.
We are seeking a Science Portfolio Adviser or Developer to contribute to managing the Infection and Immuno-biology portfolio within the Science Funding division. In this role, you will develop and implement new initiatives and partnerships. You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including other funders, and provide our community of researchers with support and advice. You will need to keep abreast of the scientific field.
You will have a PhD and scientific experience in a relevant discipline. In particular we are interested in hearing from individuals with expertise in immunology, epidemiology or bacteriology. In addition, experience of working in a funding, policy and /or management role would be highly desirable. You will also be able to demonstrate that you can:
• see the big picture and recognise scientific potential and opportunities
• show the necessary personal attributes to lead and manage teams
• communicate effectively and confidently with individuals and groups
• work effectively and cooperatively within a team/matrix structure
• apply your strong analytical and written skills to the development of briefing/position documents.
The salary will be dependent on experience between £32,000 and £50,000 pa.
For more information and to apply online, visit: wellcome.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date for applications: 9 September 2015
Interview dates: 18 or 21 September 2015
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs