Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity. We empower exceptional scientists and students to pursue fundamental questions about living systems, and work to share scientific discoveries with researchers, students, and science-curious individuals around the world.
Founded in 1953 by aviator and industrialist Howard R. Hughes, HHMI is headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and employs more than 2500 people across the U.S. Visit hhmi.org/careers to learn more about working at HHMI.
We require a Research Technician at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center experienced with mouse colonies, weaning, ear punch, genotyping, tail vein injections, blood collection, IM, and SQ injections. Must be able to multi-task.
Under general supervision, the Research Technician will assist scientists and other technicians in the performance of laboratory and investigative procedures by performing a variety of routine experimental techniques such as cloning, gel electrophoresis, centrifugation, chromatography, and the like. The Research Technician will collect, verify, record, and compile data and information in support of research.
- Assist scientists and technicians by performing various investigative procedures and operating a variety of instruments and other scientific equipment.
- Collect, record, organize and verify the accuracy of data; perform calculations and prepare charts, graphs and reports. May use software applications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and test reports.
- Configure and operate laboratory apparatus and instruments; read and record instrument data; tabulate data; keep laboratory records.
- May order chemicals, reagents, and other laboratory supplies.
- Participate in laboratory meetings and planning sessions.
- May maintain inspects, plants, animals and/or bacterial and tissue cultures for experimental purposes.
- Read literature applicable to research areas as required.
- Perform the duties of a Laboratory Assistant as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate field of science or technology or, equivalent in education and experience.
- Generally experienced in job duties and in the principles and practices associated with those duties with an understanding of the underlying scientific principles.
- Ability to draft routine reports and keep accurate records of work performed.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise.
- Able to learn complex tasks with general instruction.
- Able to use experience to perform a variety of new techniques.
- Able to muli-task.
All candidates must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
HHMI is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs