Providence is calling a full time, day shift, Postdoctoral Fellow Epigenomics to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
• Under the general supervision of the Director of Molecular Oncology, Postdoctoral Fellow will work on solid tumors to develop new approaches functional epigenomic studies.
• The personnel will also assist postdoctoral fellows and organization of the Dept. programs.
• Also the personnel will develop approaches related to epigenomic and related signal pathway research.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• 1 or more years of postdoctoral work experience in cancer research pertinent to scientific translational epigenomics/genomics research studies.
• Strong background in molecular biology preferably related to functional epigenomic studies.
• Experience in next generation sequencing analysis is a plus.
• Publications in human cancer research important.
• Experience in basic molecular genetic laboratory assays such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequencing, primer/probe designing, immunoprecipitation, etc.
• Experience in performing silico data mining of TCGA and gene sequence analysis interpretation.
• Experience in independent cancer research manuscript writing skills.
• Must have some experience in human translational studies.
• Have leadership capability to help guide others working in the same area.
• Must be highly familiar with and able to develop new approaches in epigenomic studies in regulatory events in cancer and pathways. The individual must understand theoretical background in molecular epigenetics of cancer and perform respective assays.
• Must be independent in developing, decision making, completing projects, and troubleshooting experiments efficiently.
• Must have ability to present results and write up completed research into well-organized reports and manuscripts.
• Ability to use computer program software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of biostatistics and bioinformatics, and epigenomic databases analysis.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and presentations and write in English.
• Ability to work independently, and to contribute as part of a team.
• Demonstrated some level of supervisory skills for multiple people.
• Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and professional circumstances.
• Ability to present scientific research data in meetings and write grants.
• Must be proficient in assessing modern day computer software and scientific databases such as TCGA.
• Must have skills in analytical genomic and epigenomictranslational studies with human cancer tissues.
• Experience in epigenomicsfunctional assays and pathway a plus.
• Must be flexible in studies and be able to move projects rapidly to completion.
• Ability to work independently and lead.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, coordinate work with technicians and develop projects with milestones.
• Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, appropriately prioritize, and completion on schedule.
• Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to research and hospital policy.
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John’s Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute’s mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 102500.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs