Better Policing Collaborative Research Fair
April 4th 2014
Interested in the latest research on policing
Do you want to find out how police forces are teaming up with academics to promote best practice Find out all you need to know at the Better Policing Collaborative (BPC) Research Fair.
Five universities (Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool, Aston and Warwick), Skills for Justice and five police forces (Derbyshire, Merseyside, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and the West Midlands) are teaming up for a research, education and training fair to hear about current research projects and opportunities to develop new ones.
Venue: Great Hall, Aston Webb, University of Birmingham, 10am – 4:30pm
Registration from 9-9:45 am
Opening: 10 am by Assistant Chief Constable (West Midlands Police) Marcus Beale
Light lunch provided: 12:30-1:30
- Academics will showcase research relevant to policing problems and crime reduction.
- Police will list their priority problems and team up with relevant academic expertise.
- Various posters exhibiting academic research will be exhibited.
- Talks and demonstrations throughout the day.
- Topics include: Public Protection, Family Violence, Extremism, Cybercrime, and Reoffending.
Learn more about this event and register online with your interests at: